Products & Services
We specialize in system upgrades and retrofits. We have turnkey capacity including design, development and installation. We have done numerous design/build projects and have a control system P.E. on staff, as well as other qualified design personnel.
We provide all aspects of control system integration including:
- System design
- PLC & RTU programming
- SCADA & HMI configuration
- Panel building – UL Registered 508A and 698A
- Process control
- Alarm monitoring & notification
- Process reporting
- Variable frequency drives
- Lift station controls
- Remote connectivity (smart phone, tablet, etc.)
- Small electrical and mechanical
- Cyber security
- Motor Control Centers
A Variety of Controls Including:
- Sequence batch reactor (SBR)
- Water booster station control
- Well control
- Filter Control
- Lift station control and monitoring
- Triplex VFD pump control
- Chemical feed
Small System Solutions
Operating a smaller water or wastewater system shouldn’t mean that integrator service and materials are compromised. In fact with the upgraded capabilities afforded by modern technology, quality small systems can be more labor and cost-efficient provided that they’re intelligently designed and use quality components.
A quality control system will pay for itself in the long run.
It’s not complicated as to how this happens — it rests on a few unchanging principles:
Quality components and hardware are cheaper in the long run.
We fully expect our control systems to last 12-15 years at a minimum because we only use quality components from leading manufacturers.
Improved efficiency saves money.
Using less power to run your system means lower bills year after year, and over the course of a decade or more that money really starts to add up. Combine that will the fact that running efficiently often results in less wear and tear on pumps and other components and you’re saving money on multiple fronts.
Automation saves time and money.
By automating alerts and other functions, a control system from HOA takes fewer man-hours to monitor and maintain helping meet budget goals.
We Provide VFDS
Don’t be a victim of the increasing electricity prices, let us use our expertise to help you.
HOA Solutions has been leading the way in the water and wastewater industry for 20 years. By simply employing our VFDs on centrifugal blowers or Optimate® on water pumps you will be cutting energy usage as well as reaping all the other benefits of VFDs.
For smaller systems, our touch screen solution can trend, print, and offer remote connection for less initial cost and less maintenance than a SCADA computer and software.
We provide all equipment required for a complete control system.
- PLCs – Name brands including Allen Bradley, Siemens, Emerson, Modicon, Phoenix Contact, etc.
- SCADA Computers and Software – Siemens, Wonderware, Proficy, Rockwell, Iconics, as well as others.
- Instrumentation – pressure, flow, level, analytical, valves, etc.
- Telemetry – radios, antennas, radio path studies, design and implementation.
- Variable Frequency Drives – HOA Solutions has a great deal of experience with VFD implementation and their benefits.
- Fiber Optics
The equipment we provide is from leading manufacturers in the industry. We have our preferred brands that we’ve experienced a lot of success with, or we can use the customer’s brand preference. For information on the quality components we use head to our suppliers page.
Are you using VFDs to save energy and prolong the life of your infrastructure? If you’re not it’s time to take a look at how the low prices of today’s VFDs can save you time and money. VFDs provide numerous benefits to the water and wastewater industries, including:
- Maintaining a constant pressure in a closed loop system, or if the tower is out of service.
- Maintain a level in a basin with varying inflow, reducing or eliminating the constant start/stop of the pumps.
- Reduce energy consumption by slowing the pumps.
- Improve processes by maintaining a constant, or desired, flow to a water or wastewater treatment facility.
- Maintain a constant pressure in an irrigation system.
- Maintain a constant Dissolved Oxygen level.
- Feed a treatment process with constant flow.
Are your VFDs running at their most efficient? VFDs are proven to provide energy savings; but in order to maximize those savings and extend the life of your pumps, you should take a look at an Optimate™ panel. An Optimate™ panel establishes the most efficient speed to run your pumps based on gallons pumped per kW consumed, by constantly monitoring variables, such as discharge, suction head, pump wear, and others. Our studies have shown the Optimate™ panel to provide significant energy savings and reduced wear on pumps.
The cost to implement an Optimate™ panel varies depending on existing equipment (VFD, Flowmeter, etc.). Typically the Optimate™ panel lists at $7000, but can provide other beneficial functions. Call 402-467-3750 to order an Optimate™ panel.
75% of well failures are caused by operating a pump without sufficient water in the well. Running a pump with insufficient water causes cavitation, overheating, bearing and seal failures, well casing damage, and catastrophic motor damage. Fortunately, there is a straightforward solution to these problems. HOA’s Wel-Mon technology is a multi-purpose panel that ensures sufficient water levels and well health by monitoring and controlling for the following factors:
- Daily Drawdown level historically trended for DNR requirements
- Low level cut-out alarms to prevent catastrophic pumping damage
- Specific capacity
- Trigger well maintenance without manual tests
- Monitor well inefficiencies
Gallons per kW
- Monitor for drastic changes in g/kW to trigger alarm for well rehab
- Measure entire well field to establish which well is most efficient during high flow periods
- Will automatically find the best efficiency point during ever changing pressures and head changes
At HOA we look at the SCADA system to be more than just an automation tool. We use it to save time, energy and money by:
- Monitoring energy usage and efficiency and using the data to make decisions.
- Providing remote connectivity for technicians as well as the end user.
- Reducing maintenance and down time by providing operation data.